Sunday, August 14, 2011

Avocado chocolate cream pots

Who doesn't love something chocolately at the end of a meal - more so when it is kinda 'good for you'?

I almost didn't get a photo before they were devoured!



I found this recipe in an allergy-free desert cook book. The original called for 3/4C of cocoa and it was too bitter for any of us to eat (even me). So I modified - this is something I love to do and really want to encourage others to try - it's ok to veer away from the recipe (sometimes!). You can add more or less of the sweeteners (honey, maple syrup or icing sugar) as you go, but do bear in mind that as it sets the sweetness develops.

Here's my version:
2 -3 ripe avocados
2 T cocoa
2 T of honey
2 T maple syrup or agave
2 T of icing sugar

Into a food processor (I just use one of those mini ones you plug into a stick. A blender if also fine, but it can be cumbersome trying to get the last bits out!) put your avocado and all other ingredients.
Whizz for about 30 seconds, open the lid and scrape down all the sides - do a taste test. Add extra sweetener if necessary.

Whizz again for about 30 seconds to a minute until the mixture is dark and creamy.

Pour into individual pottles and pop in the fridge until cold.

Serve with yoghurt (we use soy for Miss K) and berries (here I've used defrosted blue berries).

You can keep these for up to 2 days, covered tightly in glad wrap in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment